Activities: Lectures, courses, workshops
People who professionally and/or in their studies and research are involved in religious education (such as ministers, youth workers and youth organizations) are welcome at the OJKC for lectures, courses and advice relating to practical-theological and religious-pedagogical questions on youth, church and culture.
Living environment of young people in relation to religious identity, or the pros and cons of certain types of catechesis, on the participation of young people in church services or on relevant literature with respect to religious education.
Would you like a lecture on a particular theme, or by a particular scholar? Or would you like to organize or attend a workshop?
Please contact us.
We try to offer an academic course on Youth Ministry each two years. The themes of our courses so far were:
- Children's spirituality and liturgical-rituals with Children (2018)
- Youth Ministry in daily life (2016)
- Re-imagining youth ministry as place-sharing. An academic course on relational youth ministry (2014)
- Missionary (non)sense in Youth Ministry (2012)
- Youth, Faith, Culture. Academic Reflections on Youth Ministry (2011)
In May and June 2020, a new OJKC course is planned with the title 'Opvoeding in het licht van geloof en theologie. Afhankelijkheid, voorbeeldigheid en verantwoordelijkheid'. This course will be given over the course of three weeks, two days per week. More information will follow on this website.