Symposium and defense Harmen van Wijnen
Today, september 14th, Harmen van Wijnen, chairman of the board of the CHE, will defend his thesis at Amsterdam:
Faith in Small Groups of Adolescents. Being Together as a Basic Given.
Prior to this ceremony a symposium takes place (mostly in English) where Prof. Bård Norheim (Bergen, Norway), one of the opponents, will hold a lecture.
The seminar will take place from 1 pm to 3 pm at the PThU Amsterdam, after which the promotion takes place at 3.45 pm at the Auditorium of the VU. Click here for the press release (Dutch).
- A welcome by Marcel Barnard
- Youth Ministry in the International Field (45 minutes) by Bard Norheim and Jos de Kock: focusing on both the field of academic research and the field of youth ministry education / master courses
- Youth and Small groups (30 minutes) by Harmen van Wijnen: (a) what is the most important conclusion/implication for the Dutch context and (b) what is the most important conclusion/implication in an international perspective and (c) how does this relate to what Bard Norheim and Jos de Kock explored in (1).
- A final reflection form a Dutch reflective practitioner in the field of Youth Ministry (20 minutes)
- Drinks and time for (in)formal discussion with participants